Tuesday, April 9, 2013

League of Extraordinary Bloggers- Pop Culture Hate!

The discussion topic for the week:


                       What piece of pop culture did you HATE as a kid?


There is a lot of hatred going around for the Joes and their lack of aim. Don't forget that Stormtroopers couldn't hit a barn either.  This was a hard topic for me.  Growing up in the 80's it was the best of times and the worst of times for toys.   It seems like the toys that I really didn't like as a kid have either made a come back or never really ever went away.

She seems innocent enough right?    Yet, I despise this doll and her kind with every fiber of my being.



Growing up, I never really liked baby dolls.  I had my fair share of Barbies and the suspicious Strawberry Shortcake.  When it came to baby dolls, I really hated the ones that peed and pooped.   I mean Baby Alive really should be called Baby Shits and Giggles.  Don't sugar coat it.  That's what it does. For some girls, those dolls are all fun and games.   I remember my friend Jennifer from kindergarten, had one of these dolls.  "Let's feed it and see what happens"she would gleeful exclaim. This happened every time I went to her house to play.  I guess Jennifer wasn't the brightest crayon in the box.    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happens next.   .
Let's explore the wonders of poop... No thank you!



 Taking a stroll down those "pink" isles, there are so many things worthy of hate.  "Boy" toys have always just been cooler to play with.  Tranformers, StarWars, Batman, etc.  Why, Why don't little girls have cooler toys?   If you think about it, all girl toys are doing something with cooking or cleaning or they are  ridiculously mind numbingly happy.   Most of the cutesy dolls are wide eyed and hsve this annoying shit eating grin on thier face.  I mean just think about it.  Strawberry Shortcake,  Care Bears, My Little Ponies, Rainbow Bright, Get Along Gang, Shirt Tales, Poochi, Monchichis,  the list goes on and on.    Nobody is that effing happy and if they are, well you know that underneath that exterior, they are hiding some unholy shenanigans.

While my hate post isn't filled with as much venomus hate as others from around the league, check out the posts from:

Feel the hate coming from BubbaShelby 

and Monsterfink has no love for the good guys.

And don't forget to check out the assignment post, more hatred to come.



1 comment:

  1. this is the type of toy your kid gets from your sister/brother who thinks it's funny that you now have to clean up fake baby poop. I'm pretty sure I got my niece one when she was little haha!

    ReplyDelete