Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thrift Finds- Half price bags o'fun



Monday was another one of those days at the local Goodwill when everything in the store is 50% off.  I never really do well on these days.  I don't know if  I come at the wrong time, they aren't putting a lot out.  I don't know what it is,  I only find maybe 1 item, if I am lucky.   I stood in the check out line for almost 30 minutes because the lady in font of me had a cart full.   She bought 10-15 formal  dresses, kid's clothes, women's clothes, men's clothes, shoes.  I mean you name it she had it in the cart.    All I had was a couple bags of fun.   There were a couple of times I considered putting the back, but I hung on.

So were the bags worth it?   It depends.  After weeks of no ponies, one finally turned up.   It was Shell-Bell, a G3 shimmer pony.

Some of the other notable items I got out of the bag are pictured below.



Admittedly, I pick and choose and repack the bags o'fun.   But because of time and the crowds, I didn't do that much re-packing.   I got excited because I thought I had found an Arcee that was in good condition.
As a general rule, I usually stay away  from the newer  Transformers  because they are always missing a leg or arm or head.   I thought she looked ok.  But,  on closer inspection she was missing a leg.   So now I have this really cool looking one legged motorcycle.    I should have learned my lesson with the newer version of Ravage from a bag o'fun.

For the time being, I will keep her.  Hopefully, I can find a leg or make her a leg.



It has been a couple of weeks since I got my first kung-fu kangaroo from Warriors of Virture.    I finally blogged about Yun  this past weekend.     Then I found the kangaroo Yee this week .  At the rate I am going and if I am lucky, I should be able to find the last 3 by the end of the month.   The movie isn't that great, but the figures have grown on me.   They have some substance and are really well sculpted.    I figure he and Rock'em Sock'em can be sparring buddies.



There were some assorted small figures but I didn't bother taking pictures of them.   I might post about them at a later time.

The last item of worth for the week is this little Transformer .  I traded to get him.  The person I traded didn't know anything about Transformers and threw it in as a bonus item.  But, I am having trouble identifying it.  It is really small, so, I am not sure if it is a companion bot to a larger  Transformer or if it is a mini bot.   It is marked Hasbro and Takara but no year.    If anybody can identify it I would greatly appreciate it.



2 comments:

  1. I've left a comment a few times, but they keep being eaten by the internet!

    I love these posts, as I have a similar feature on my site called "Thrift Justice". I used to get burned by the newer Transformers, but have since gotten better noticing exposed ball joints and whatnot.

    Anyway, the Transformer you have it a minicon called Oval from Transformers Armada. If you ever need to ID a Transformer, you can't beat tfu.info, which has an ID Your Figure feature that has helped me many times.

    Welcome to The League, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and thank you identifying the minicon. I will have to stop by and visit your site

    ReplyDelete