Monday, May 6, 2013

League of Extraordinary Bloggers- Deserted Island



The League of Extraordinary Bloggers topic for the week is:  
You are stranded for 10 years on a deserted island. You can take with you the following:
One food item (in a never-ending supply), one movie, one game, and one pop culture character. 
Like all the League topics, there are always so many possible things to write about.   This has had me wracking my brain and examining all of the possibilities.  So I am starting with the easiest choices.   

My pop culture character of choice  would be Tattoo from Fantasy Island.  If anyone is going to see "da plane" first, it would be him.  Plus, because he is small think how easy it would be to send him up trees for coconut gathering.     And didn't he always mix cocktails for Mr. Roark?   Maybe we can MacGuyver up our own still and make our own coconut liquor. 
Tattoo is the man you want for backup on a deserted island.  





I have a couple of choices for movies, but if pressed to choose only one, I guess I would go
with The Empire Strikes Back.  A predictable choice, I know.  But, it is my favorite of all the Star Wars movies, possibly my all time favorite movie.   I thought of other movies but none of them can compare with Empire and I know I would tire of them.  Empire is a cozy blanket, that no matter how old, you always love it.




For my choice in game, I originally thought of Twister.  Because in a head to head game with Tattoo, I would be unbeatable.  But where is the fun in that?  I don't really need the title of Island Twister Champion (10 years straight).   So I went with an old school classic.   I would go with Tetris.  I loved that game as a kid and would play it for hours.  It challenges your mind and your skills.   So it would fill my time nicely.  Tattoo and I can go 2 player head to head while sipping our homemade coconut liquor and eating my next choice.




For me, food was the hardest choice. In the end,  I would say Taco Bell's  Chilito (a.k.a Chili Cheese Burrito)



Why?

Well, there are 2 reasons.    The first being that my husband hates Mexican food and I dearly love I it. So,  it is a rare and wonderful treat.   I usually get it for my birthday and of course, Cinco de Mayo.   Any other time involves complex negotations.

Secondly, this epic burrito has been missing from the Taco Bell menu boards for a long time now. There are websites dedicated to its awesomeness and grass root campaigns to bring it back.   To this day, hardcore fans of this burrito don't know why it disappeared.  It has been probably 5 years since I last had one, because you can some times find it in remote backwater locations.   I don't see it getting old any time soon.

Well, those are my choices.  I can't wait to see what other League members have to share.   Make sure to check out the assignment page as new links are added.

Victoria at vikkiverka wants to be on a deserted island with Rudy Wade.
Daniel at Thirtyishyearoldboy  shares his survival list.  

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Playing Twister with Tattoo. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tetris. That is such a fun game. Good choice! And I don't think I ever ate the chili cheese burrito at Taco Bell, but it looks so freakin good. I hope it makes a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are on the same page with The Empire Strikes Back and I seriously want to go to Taco Bell right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I have been craving some Taco Bell ever since I posted this

    ReplyDelete