Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I broke down and bought a China Girl doll

About 2 weeks ago, we took the whole family to see Oz the Great and Powerful.  As a general rule, I am anti 3D.  I just feel like it is a scam to boost movie grosses.   But, my husband thinks that it is worth it for most movies.  We spent an exorbitant amount of money to take 4 people to see a matinee movie and some snacks.  I    digress.  

The movie is visually stunning.   I do have to say that this is one of the rare occasions that paying extra for 3D was actually a good idea.   The story was good, but my only objection really is the pace of the movie.  I felt it was a little slow.

I had seen the different Oz dolls sitting on the shelves at Target and Toys R Us a couple of weeks before the
movie opened.   The China Girl doll has just been speaking to me.  Every time I saw her, I would stop and look at her.  I was just so drawn to her.   Well after seeing the movie, I was completely in love with her!  For me, she was the best character in the movie.  She reminded me a lot of both of my daughters.   If you haven't seen the movie yet, I don't want to give much away.

Since I had a couple of gift cards I decided that I would just break down and buy her.   She is beautifully detailed with cracks on her arms and legs.   Her dress is a soft satin like fabric with  ribbon and lace detailing.  

It took about 20 minutes to decide if I was going to open her or leave her in the box.   I just couldn't do it.  I had to open her.  Both of my girls have had their turns toting her around today,  And, I was surprised when my son was excited by her purchase.  But, he really did like the character in the movie too.  


Since I have been going through some Monster High withdrawals waiting for new dolls to show up,  China Girl has helped fill the void.   Priced around $20 she is well worth it.  

1 comment:

  1. I bought this one for my daughter as well right after seeing the movie. LOVED the character and the doll is great. My daughter loves her!

    ReplyDelete