Friday, February 1, 2013

Thrift Find: Transformers G2 Scrapper Constructicon


For the last couple of weeks, I have been making a weekly trip to our local Goodwill store.  This store just recently opened, which I am not sure if it's good or bad.   It is really close to home and work.  So whenever I get a free minute, I go check it out.

They have really been keeping it stocked with some great merchandise, compared to the other GW in town.  I picked up a generation 2 Constructicon.   It is missing some stickers and its accessory pieces.   This is the third Transformer I have picked up at this store.   All have been priced .50.    You can read about the other Transformers I purchased here.

When I was younger, my mom hated buying me toys.   She desperately wanted me to play with baby dolls but I just wasn't into that.  I loved my Barbie dolls, but I couldn't stand baby dolls.  Not to mention, that I also  loved all the Star Wars, GI Joes, and Transformers I could get my hands on.    She hated buying "boy toys".    One Christmas, I got the Autobot Blaster.  That was the only one that I ever had.  I have been slowly picking up vintage Transformers.



On this trip, I also picked up a really cool pair of Woodies sandals.   I googled them and found out that they retail for about $40 and are hand painted.    I scoped these out for weeks.  As a general rule, I don't buy shoes at the Goodwill.  But, for some bizarre reason, I just couldn't resist these.

I would look at them and put them back.  This went on for several weeks.  I would try to hide them, but at the Goodwill that is virtually impossible.  I am surprised they were still there.  Finally, green was the color of the day and I got them half price.    I don't really think they have been worn.  They have been properly Lysoled and sanitized.   Now, if the weather will just warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment