Friday, October 11, 2013
Countdown to Halloween Day #11: "Useless Pumpkin Trivia for $200 .."
Since pumpkins are the poster child for this time of year. I thought I would lay out some pumpkin flavored trivia. Have fun and hopefully, you will be able to use one of these trivial nuggets this month. The answers will be posted at the bottom of the page. And I would like to give a shout out to my local Fuddruckers Restaurant for this month's table top trivia pages for the inspiration.
Pumpkin Trivia for $200...
1. The largest pumpkin pie ever made was over five feet in diameter and weighed over how many pounds?
2. Who brought the tradition of pumpkin carving to America?
3. How was pumpkin used for pies in early colonial times?
4. What food family does pumpkin belong too?
5. Native Americans used pumpkin seeds for food and what else?
6. What is the only continent you can't grow pumpkins on?
7. Are pumpkin flowers edible?
8. The largest pumpkin ever grown weighed how much?
9. What percentage of a pumpkin is water?
10. Pumpkin was used to cure what type of injury?
Answers: 1. 350 pounds, 2. Irish, 3. as an ingredient for pie crust, 4. squash, 5. medicine, 6. Antarctica, 7. yes, 8. 1,140 , 9. 90%, 10. snake bites